The 2018 FIU Football season kicks off this Saturday, Sept. 1, when our Panthers take on the Big 10 Indiana Hoosiers! And it’s shaping up to be an exciting season. The Panthers are coming off an eight-win 2017 season that sent them to FIU’s first bowl game in six years: The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl in St. Petersburg, Florida. And a slew of new game-day attractions are sure to make for a new and exciting fan experience.
The team is counting on your support this fall in their pursuit of another bowl appearance. Don’t miss the chance to join fellow alumni and roar for our FIU Panthers!
Here’s everything you need to know to prepare for kickoff at 7 p.m. on Sept. 1:
- The FIU Alumni Association will host a series of Alumni Pregame Experiences, including the return of Roar Lounge for the season opener. Cool off with fellow alumni, family and friends in the A/C at Panther Hall, just a few steps from the stadium. There will be drinks, food and fun for the whole family – and everyone is welcome, not just alumni! The Alumni Pregame Experiences will begin 2.5 hours before each home game. Admission starts at $10 for adults and $5 for children. Additionally, a pregame season pass is available for $65 (a 35% discount!), which gains you access to the Alumni Pregame Experience all season long. Click here to pre-register.
- Enjoy a new in-stadium experience during the game, including completely revamped concessions and an Everglades-themed lounge in the north concourse.
- Click here to purchase game tickets and season passes.
- Keep the following in mind on game day:
- The university has instituted a clear-bag policy within the stadium. Each ticket holder, including children, will be allowed one clear plastic bag that does not exceed 12″x6″x12″ and one small purse or clutch that does not exceed 6.5″x4.5″. Clear hear for more details.
- You can find air-conditioned restrooms in Lots 5 and 6.
- Food trucks will be located by the Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Performing Arts Center between student tailgating in Lots 4 and 5 and Faculty/Staff/Alumni tailgating in Lot 6.
- There will be free game-day parking in the Blue Garage (PG 2). Please use the entrance on Southwest 107th Avenue and 16th Street to access the garage. Preferred parking is available for a fee in Lot 7. To reserve a space online, visit fiu.edu/tailgating. (Please use the entrance on Southwest 117th Avenue and 17th Street to access the lot.)