On Wednesday, February 7, members of the FIU community – including students, faculty, alumni, and members of the FIU Board of Trustees will be in Tallahassee, advocating for FIU’s 2018 Legislative Priorities and thanking our legislative delegation for their continued support of FIU.
Members of the Florida Legislature, which includes six FIU alumni, have been extremely supportive of FIU’s priorities, and helped FIU grow and thrive into one of our community’s anchor institutions.
We need your help to make sure Panthers are heard loud and clear on FIU Day! Here’s how to help create buzz about FIU wherever you are:
- Add some FIU spirit to your Facebook or Twitter profile. Click here to get started.
- Join us in encouraging the State Legislature to champion FIU’s priorities and thank them for recognizing that FIU’s success is our community’s success and that Higher Education = Stronger Economy. Post and tweet this now and don’t forget to tag your legislator:
- It’s #FIUDay 2018! Help support @FIU priorities because Higher Education=Stronger Economy @DadeDelegation @FIUgov
- Follow @FIUgov on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Don’t forget to use #FIUDay and tag @FIUgov in all of your posts.
- Stop by the GC pit on MMC or Panther Square at BBC from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. for free food, giveaways, and to learn more about what the university is doing for students and the community.
The 2018 legislative session convened on Tuesday, January 9 and is expected to conclude on Friday, March 9. Please click here to find the weekly legislative updates provided by FIU’s Governmental Relations team.
FIU faculty and staff are invited to view our Frequently Asked Questions regarding legislative activity by clicking here.