Prepping for an upcoming interview can be overwhelming. Interviewing requires work – understanding the position, researching the company, reflecting on your work history and identifying your career goals. There are many great resources readily available online, but sometimes it can be a challenge to figure out what exactly to search for or ask.
To make the process easier, I’m sharing a curated resource guide to help you prepare for and succeed in your interview. Most of the articles are from The Muse – a modern career advice site, and Ask A Manager, a career blog site. Many of my clients have found these resources valuable and relevant for successful interview preparation, and I hope you find them helpful too!
Researching the position/company
- 30 prep tips for interview success
- How to research the company you’re interviewing with
- How to scope out a company before the interview
- All-in-one interview prep guide
What to wear & dress for success
- What to wear to any interview
- What should I wear to a job interview?
- Buzzfeed dress for men
- Interview attire do’s and don’ts
- What to wear to a job interview
- Do I need to wear a suit?
Phone, Skype and other interviews
- 3 questions recruiters expect you to answer during a phone interview
- 10 types of interviews
- 10 tips to avoid bombing your Skype interview
Tell me about yourself
- A simple formula for answering “tell me about yourself”
- Best way to answer “tell me about yourself”
- How to answer “tell me about yourself” in a job interview
- Best way to answer “what’s your biggest weakness”?
- 9 steps to solving an impossible brain teaser
- 7 insane brain teasers you could actually encounter in an interview
- 4 ways to answer “what’s your biggest weakness?” that actually sound believable
- 13 crazy interview questions that awesome companies will ask you
Common interview questions
STAR/Behavioral interviewing questions
- LinkedIn Talent Solutions: 30 Essential Behavioral Interview Questions
- Behavioral interviewing PDF
- 30 behavioral interview questions you should be ready to answer
- How to answer behavioral interview questions
Questions to ask the interviewer
- 51 interview questions you should be asking
- The best interview questions to ask in every round
- 3 interview questions you’ll be tempted to ask but absolutely should not
- 10 interview questions you should never ask and 5 you always should
Thank you notes/following up
- 3 tips for writing a thank you not that’ll make you look like the best candidate alive
- 4 non-annoying ways to follow up after an interview
- Thank you letter examples
- This is what really goes on during the background check stage of the interview process
- How to do background checks
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: background checks/what employers need to know
Salary negotiations/accepting offers
- Smart way to figure out if you should accept that job offer
- Salary articles from Ask A Manager
Have a suggestion for a resource/website that really helped you? List below in the comments!