2014 Scholarship Recipients Announced

We’re happy to announce our 2014 FIU Alumni Association Scholarship winners! Congratulations to you all and thank you to those who applied. FIU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship Name Degree Antonio Arias Bachelor of Accounting Brian Carvajal Bachelor of Finance, Int’l Business and two Certificates Genesis Cuevas Master of Public Administration Javier  Morales Bachelor of Finance […]

Tweet to Win: Cher

Tweet to Win Cher Tickets
Two lucky FIU alumni will be selected to win a pair of tickets in the ADT Club Level to see Cher with Special Guest Cyndi Lauper at the BB&T Center this Saturday night. Winners will also receive complimentary parking passes. ($500 value) To enter, you must: 1. Sign up or Log in to your Twitter account 2. Follow @FIUalumni 3. Tweet using the hashtag […]

Legislative Session Highlights

tallahassee capitol building
Dear FIU Family: The 2014 Legislative Session came to an end last Friday, May 2nd. Much attention was paid to higher education issues this year, but a focal point became legislation that granted in-state tuition rates to undocumented students who attended high school in Florida. Bill sponsors Representative Jeanette Nuñez, an FIU alumna, and Senator Jack […]

Join us for Ruth Hamilton’s Retirement Celebration

My time as a student at FIU was filled with numerous memorable experiences. Some of my favorite times include cheering on FIU in the Graham Center Pit or spending a late Thursday night hanging out at what was then Gracie’s Grill. Although I look fondly back at those memories, I hold most dear the people […]

FIU Alumni Receive 20% Discount on Leadership Program in Fort Myers, FL

LFC E.L.I.T.E.S, the global education and training partnership between Liverpool Football Club and 2013 Queen’s Award for Enterprise winner London School of Business & Finance, are bringing the innovative Management & Leadership Program to Fenway South training and development facility in Florida in May 2014. The five day CPD accredited LFC E.L.I.T.E.S Management & Leadership Programme has […]

Do you have or know of a child between the ages of 5 and 12 with ADHD?

Enrollment is now open for the award-winning Summer Treatment Program at FIU’s Center for Children and Families (CCF). The program offers treatment for children with ADHD and other behavioral challenges in pre-kindergarten, children entering grades K-5. Additionally, the Healthy Lifestyle Intervention Summer Treatment Program serves children between 4 and 6 years of age who are […]

Become an FIU Advocate

tallahassee capitol building
The 2014 Legislative Session is now entering its fourth week, and the House and Senate are vigorously working to pass legislation and craft their respective budgets.  In the coming weeks, each Chamber will approve a budget and later, the two will enter the Conference process to negotiate and agree on one budget that can be […]

FIU Relay for Life Team

FIU Relay For Life Founder and alumna, Marly Q, invites you to join the FIU RFL Team for the 10th Annual Relay For Life! In the past decade we’ve raised over half a million dollars in the fight against cancer and this year we hope to surpass our goal of $100,000! We want to leave […]