To Buy or Not to Buy a Vacation Home?

You’ve always wanted to own a vacation home, and now you finally feel ready to make that purchase. Before you put an offer in for a cabin on the lake or condo in the mountains, consider the realities of owning a second property. Here are a few questions to think about before you finalize your […]

Diana Artunduaga Shares FIU Lovebird Story

I was once an International Student at FIU; it was a big dream of mine, which came true. I was so happy to study at such a beautiful University — so big, so clean, so modern! Well, I think you understand what I am talking about. I studied in the Graduate Management Program in International Business […]

An Introduction to Specialty Coffee

Miami is a revolutionary city, always on the forefront of fashion, design, art and music.  We are constantly trying to stay on top of current trends and thinking out of the box to create new ones. Yet for some reason this sort of tendency hasn’t translated to the city’s coffee offerings. Having such a diverse […]

A Jersey Boy’s Love Letter To South Florida

Dear South Florida, Originally from the shadows of NYC on the industrial northeast edge of New Jersey, when I first washed up on the shores of your young region, I was a young teenager. I was an ambitious lad with a chip on my shoulder. You were an ambitious region with a chip of your […]

Jan. 15: Effects of Everglades Restoration on Sea Level Rise Resilience in Urban Miami

Coral Gables Museum 285 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134 Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM “Effects of Everglades Restoration on Sea Level Rise Resilience in Urban Miami” moderated by Evelyn Gaiser, PhD, Professor of Biology, FIU Dr. Evelyn Gaiser is a professor of Biological Sciences and Interim Executive Director of the […]

Student Ambassador Spotlight: Amanda Cantillo

Student Ambassador Spotlight     Amanda Cantillo Expected Graduation Year: 2016 Major: Event Planning Track in Hospitality & Tourism Management   How would you describe your years as an FIU student? I would describe my time at FIU as a learning experience. My different leadership roles have taught me a lot about myself. The best […]

6 Tips for Spending Wisely this Holiday Season

When holiday music is piped into malls and festive themes accompany some hard-to-miss sales, it’s no wonder people are compelled to overspend during the holidays. Here are six helpful tips to keep help keep your holiday spending in check this season. Start with a list. Even Santa knows it’s wise to make a list (and […]

Pradere Pride: An FIU Legacy

Forty-two years ago, the father of Ileana Pradere ’97 established his furniture manufacturing business, Pradere Office Products. Now in the hands of his three daughters, Ileana and her two sisters, Jennifer Pradere MBA ‘14 & Michelle Pradere-Gonzalez ’05, are using what they learned at FIU to carry on what their father worked so greatly for. Despite […]

Voters say ‘Yes’ to FIU

Voters approved a referendum that sends a clear message that they want more and better educational opportunities for our community. They have given FIU a mandate. “The voters have spoken and they have said ‘Yes’ to FIU,” said FIU President Mark B. Rosenberg. “We are thankful for the support of Miami-Dade voters, including FIU students, […]

2014-2015 FIU Ambassadors Announced

Established 8 years ago, the University Ambassadors is an organization that exemplifies the FIU motto – “Worlds Ahead”.  Since its inception, it has been FIU’s premiere student leader organization. To be selected as an Ambassador is an honor, a privilege and an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.  To be an FIU Student Ambassador […]